Van Halen 2007
Ok so I am not only going to talk about the Van Halen show but also the trip to NYC that we took along with the show. So the day started out with Andrew and I heading off the the Milford train station and just as a side note here no matter where I go weather it be a show or on vacation the weirdest people talk to me. So with that said, we are standing there waiting for the train to come and all of a sudden we see all of these girls maybe the oldest was 14 or 15. They are all standing in a group waiting for the same train we are when all of a sudden this old guy came up to them and started talking to them for a bit and the only thing we could make out of the conversation were the words, penis and teach. So all of the girls walk past us and away from the old guy. Now he decides hey you know what why don't I go and talk to these two guys here. So he comes over and Andrew says to him hey don't you think those girls are too young for you, so the guy goes nah man I was going to teach them you know I have experience. Then the bastard put his hand on my shoulder, I dont liked to be touched by strangers (no not like that you sickos). But I was starting to get freaked out. Just then the train came so we quickly got on and he did not.So we arrive at grand central station at about 4ish. (The show was at the garden) Now neither of us knew how to get from GCS to MSG so it was quite funny seeing us two find our way to the show. Eventually we found it so we decided to explore around that area before the sh
So the opening band I am not sure who it was but they were good very reggieish and Bob Marleyish. Ok now the fun begins. All of a sudden this big Zeppelin starts flying around with the Van Halen symbol on it. It was cool. So the show starts now. David Lee comes up with this huge red flag and then everyone elese comes out. On bass they used Eddie's son, Wolfgang. Let me just say no matter how old all of the members get they still sound amazing! Eddie's guitar sounds great, David's vocals were amazing, Alex's drums were great, sorry to say there really isn't that much bass in VH but it was good. So they played about a 2 hour set and I loved every second of it. So the show is over now.
We head back to GCS it was easy getting back because we knew where we were going. Now we thought we were going to have to wait to catch the 1 am train home but we were lucky we stopped and asked somebody so we were able to get right on the train and then went home. All in all it was a kick ass time!
1 comment:
You should put a link to your Picasa albums so that you can see all the pictures together.
Post a Comment