Tuesday, December 11, 2007

GWAR 2007 Toads Place


GWAR!

Well for thoes of you who do not what/who GWAR is I'll give you a quick overview, they are a thrash/shock rock band that is known for their crazy on stage antics. (More info here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWAR) So we got there just as 3 Inches Of Blood (3iob) was sound checking. They put on a very good show. Lots of crowd enthusiasm and they sounded great. So Im not going to lie I wasnt there to see 3iob don't get me wrong they are a great band but GWAR wins hands down. So 3iob finished their set and now its time for the fun to begin. After a lengthy setup they kill the house lights and start up the fog machines.....its time! So the band comes on stage with their crazy sci-fi/horror themed costumes. (more pictures at el-facebooko) . Now what was really cool was the fact that they didnt waste any time in bringing out the people dressed in costumes, first up was a priest. They cut his arms off and he shot "blood" all over the crowd! (the blood is just food coloring and water.) Next song they brought out the "ozze-cannon" which one of their stage-hands shoots at the crowd during the song. Now during this sang the crowd went crazy with the pushing and broke through the barrier that is up against the stage and I think a security guard got hurt. But after that song was over the lead singer said "Shut the fuck up and listen for a minute! you guys just broke the barrier that the 6th fucking barrier that was broken on this tour! You guys trampled a pregnant women, but dont worry they saved the bab....oh wait never mind you fuckers killed the baby too!" Ya they are fucked up. So after that I had to go down to the floor area (I was sitting in a seat with my girlfriend) i ditched my camera and anything I didnt want to get wet with her and headed down. I only stayed on the floor for 2 songs but I have to say I've been to many metal/hardcore shows and i have never been in a crowd like that it was rough. Now just because I was only down there for 2 songs dosnt mean I stayed clean. The character that got me was the one the only George W. Bush! He comes out saying something like oh ya I love my nice white house or something like that and then they cut off his head! I was covered in "blood"! So then i went back up and sat in the seat after that. Next up was Hitler. He came out holding his penis and started spraying everyone with it, I must say it was quite funny. There were a few more characters that came out but i cant remember them. But towards the end of the show they had this huge guy in the costume come out and it was DON VITO not the real guy but anyway so he had this huge ass and he turns around and they rip his pants off and he started to spew goo out of his ass at the crowd! ya it was nasty but freaking funny! Then in the middle of the song the lead singer took his sword and cut off his stomach and all of the guts came out and flew all over the place! Their set was over.....wait wait encore. Out comes the band, then out comes "Osama Bin-Laden" He starts to talk but the lead singer goes "hell no fuck you!" then rips his jaw off and "blood" goes everywhere. Now the set is over. As we leave I see hundreds of people covered in shit, Toads Place is a mess, the barrier and stage broke, it was a GWAR show!

No comments: